Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Picture Painters

Good Morning Everyone,
Sandy here. After loads of inspirational projects by the DT with the adorable Tilda and Edwin from Magnolia of Sweden I thought it was about time for a project with an image by that other Swedish stamp brand Live & Love Crafts is carrying. :-)
 
Yes; I'm of course referring to Bildmålarna or Bildmalarna as they are called in English.
Did you know that the letter "å" in Swedish is actually a word on it's own? It means creak.
We also have got another funny letter; "ö", which means island. These are great for crosswords! :-D 
 Bildmålarna translated into English would mean "The Picture Painters".

Well; that's enough Swedish for one day, I think...now back to my card:


This is a birthday card for a friend of mine who's mad about cats (but in a good way :-D), so this cute stamp with Mimosa and her Little Cat was perfect for the occasion.

It's a bit hard to tell from the picture, but after having coloured her wing, I added some Inkssentials Crackle Accents onto it. Love the crackled effect! As usual, there's quite a lot of distressing going on; Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain are my favourites - I tend to mix all three. From Ranger I also used Liquid Pearls (Opal White & Dark Chocolate), as well as Stardust Stickles, a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Memo Pin and an Adage Ticket.
The stunning resin embellishment is Flower Applique from Melissa Frances. @Live & Love Crafts you'll find many different resin embellishments. To my knowledge, Live & Love Crafts has the largest selection of Melissa Frances resin embellishments in the UK. 

The flowers used are Roses with Glass Pearls & Hortensia flower from Kort og Godt, as well as a couple of Vintage Orchids from Magnolia.

The bow in the upper left corner is a new lace called "Vanille" from Riddersholm Design. I'll be adding this one and a few more products in the coming days. 

Lastly; the papers are from Pion Design's latest collection,  Grandma's School Book. The ones I used are "Letters" 12x12 & "Summer Play" 6x6

Please bear in mind that the Special Offer on all of Pion Design's Collections ends Sunday at midnight. 



Have a great weekend and please stop by for Becky's lovely project tomorrow!


Hugz, Sandy


3 comments:

  1. Hi, found your website by just browsing, your cards are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely, your card is gorgeous, love the image as I'm Cat mad too :))
    The Melissa Frances embellishment is wonderful!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Love,mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Sandy what a beautiful card and what a sweet image I have never seen bildmalarma stamps , if they are all as gorgeous as this one I will be investing Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete