Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Shabby Happy Easter

Hi Everyone,
Sandy here to share with you my card for this week's "Girl Power" theme.
I hope you ladies had a wonderful "Women's Day" yesterday and that you got spoilt rotten by the other gender, because as L'oreal says: "You're Worth it"!

Now over to my card...and sorry I'm posting so late, but I have a good excuse, believe me...
No big surprises here; I've used papers from Alma's. Again.
I hope myself and the DT aren't boring you with our creations, it's just that we love this Pion Design collection soooooooo much!!!

Here's a close up of the image and the frame around it. I embossed the Spellbinder's Floral Oval with the Stampendous Embossing Enamel "Shabby White", which is now available at the store. Around the image there's the 2mm pearl string (I coloured the string blue with one of my Copic markers).

The lace around the frame is the shabbytastic Lace "Madeleine", one of the many new laces and trims that have recently arrived at the store:

Starting from top left: Lace "Désirée" , Lace "Amour", Lace "La Vie En Rose"
Lace "Venice Petite", Lace "Venezia", and Lace "Madeleine.

Speaking of laces, this oldie but goodie from Kort & Godt is now back in stock again:
 "Lace Alençon"

I was very tempted to use it for this card, but "Fleurs Des Jardins" suited me better today as it's more transparent and I can't make myself cover these beautiful papers up! (That's also why the sentiment has been attached to the side of the card rather than on top, LOL.)

 Here are some old creations though by previous DT Member Elizabeth and Karita:

Obviously, I didn't just order  Lace "Alençon" from Kort & Godt...
Now all colours of the Rolled Roses are back in stock, as are the lovely decoration berries.

(I used the antique blue rolled roses here and covered them with Diamond Dust.)

...and also a new KOG product has arrived, these gorgeous Hortensias, available in white and pink:
 They're shabby, oh so shabby! But we love shabby, don't we?!!!
As Karita puts it: "Shabby makes me happy"

 They come a bit flat in the packaging, so one needs to do some pinching and pulling, but then they become the sweetest thing after Cotton Candy! And no worries, even though they might look delicate and fragile, they're sturdy, I am actually very impressed with the quality.

 Here are -as usually- some close up pics:
The Mini Bark Hearts are new, aren't they lovely?!!!
Oh, and the popular berries pins are back in stock again, as are the white & brown jute ribbon...
There are loads of restocks and new products, so that's my excuse for my lateness today. :-)


Have a good evening, and please stop by tomorrow again!
Hugz,
Sandy



2 comments:

  1. Liebe, liebe Sandy, du machst mich arm! Soooo viele wunderschöne Dinge hast du wieder in deinem Shop. Die Spitzen, alle traumhaft schön, die Hortensien - oh, oh! Ich bin bestimmt morgen im Shop unterwegs.
    Deine Karte ist dir hervorragend gelungen. Das Hintergrundpapier von Pion Design darf man aber auch wirklich nicht hinter schnöden Worten verstecken. Es ist einfach zu schön. Ihr habt mich alle angesteckt mit der Liebe zu Almas Sewing Room. Ganz viele Projekte sind schon damit entstanden. Allerdings muss ich noch ein bisschen warten, bis ich sie posten kann - es sind Geschenke. Vielleicht zeige ich morgen mal ein kleines Kärtchen damit.
    Einen schönen Sonntag und ganz liebe Grüße
    Elfi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Sandy! Love the gorgeous shabby look! Fabulous design an details, and everything goes perfectly together. I do LOVE that Alencon lace, it's my all time favorite lace! But I adore the other ones here too, I think I feel another shopping spree coming up! Lol! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete