Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Golden Wedding

Sorry, I'm running a little late. I just got this image the other day, and I was going to make a Wedding card, I have been asked to make quite a few for later in the year, I coloured it up at work on Monday night and as I was on my way home one of my colleagues asked me to make a Golden Wedding card for her Mam and Dad and I thought 50 years of marriage was more romantic than a Wedding Card. 


She wanted a card bigger than my usual 6x6, so this has been cut with my largest Go Kreate die, I've used Maja Design Vintage Summer Basics 12x12 papers, and used walnut stain around the edges.


I've used a Tim Holtz Typeset die for the lettering and then added a sprinkle of Gold Glamour dust. 


The roses are from my stash, there are links so the other flowers at the end. I've used Shabby White Frantage on the pearls.


I was brave and decided to try the Cracked Glass technique to a coloured image, I've only done it once before and that was on a printed image. This is my way of how to do it. I added liquid pearls and glamour dust, and let it dry thoroughly. When it was dry I used the versamark ink and covered the whole image and then used UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) and then melted with a heat gun, and repeated this until I had a complete covering, 3 times for most of the image, but in places it took me about 5 times. I then let it harden for a while (I think you can put it in the freezer, but I craft in the attic and after doing some exercises the other day that had loads of squats in the stairs aren't my friend at the mo). When it was nice and hard I folded it over my fingers to get the cracks, when I was happy with the cracks I added Walnut Stain ink to them and rubbed it in with the ink tool, and I think it suits this image and card perfectly.


My arty flower shot ;)

Hugs,

Becky xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Becky, this is fabulous. Love the image and how you have aged the picture, just fab.
    Hugs Sue w ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fantastic Becky, really detailed and must have taken a very very long time to complete. Its perfect and I doubt anyone has made one this intricate for the couple! They will be thrilled, I know I wouldn't want to give it away hee hee. Cuddles Jay x

    ReplyDelete